Oh summer you so fine!

Friday, May 06, 2016 Anonymous 1 Comments

Happy Summer People!

May is here with the sassy smiling sun and cool breeze. Time to ditch the dull coats and brighten up your wardrobe! This is the final week of the semester where students are busy with project submissions and exams. Students bid goodbye to their last lecture (of their life, possibly) and strive through the storm of exams.

I submitted my final work on Wednesday and have been chilling around, or better say, treating myself like a king.

Today, I missed the bus departing from Harcourt Hill Campus by 2 minutes! Instead of waiting for the next bus, I explored the hilltop neighborhood. It was a mesmerizing surprise! Harcourt Hill is so beautiful with the natural hilly landscape and lovely cottages that appear just like in the Enid Blyton's books I grew up reading. It felt so surreal as if I had stepped into a magical portal oblivious of time. My phone has got attitude especially in crucial times, and this was one of it. It died on me just when I was about to capture a picture-perfect scenery. What a bummer! As much as I like to take photos with a camera, I also indulge in keeping memorabilia of my journey. I collected many beautiful, bizarre-looking leaves and flowers, to be used as bookmarks. I love to see the transition of seasons through the changes in coloration of the leaves. It's a record of the experiences that I had while the seasons transition - the people I have met, the lessons I have learnt and the ups and downs in my life for a year.


Harcourt Hill Campus


Leaves collected during the walk

And finally, time to pick up new novels and movies. The Oxford Brookes University library has a vast collection of fiction novels that I look forward to dive in over the summer break. I have lived in Oxford for more than 3 years now, and it has never failed to surprise me with its natural beauty and contemporary culture in a historical setting. There are many more natural landscapes and hidden alleys to explore. When it gets too quiet here, London is just an hour away for an adrenaline boost. For now, I would like to escape the city and be with nature. And if my phone fails me again, I always have a good novel, a sketchbook and a photographic memory.

South Park
3 novels in a week feat!

1 comment :

  1. Only a person who swears by traveling will understand the true meaning of this one!

    hostels in Manali
    hostel in Manali

    ReplyDelete